Miguel Aguayo has more than 20 years of work experience in all areas of diversity in the workforce including:
- leading diversity outreach and intake programs that addressed under-representation of women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workforce;
- providing advice to both federally and provincially regulated employers on diversity, accessibility and job accommodations;
- delivering diversity training to new Human Resources professionals;
- conducting research on employment strategies that expand employment opportunities for workers from the employment equity groups;
- developing peer mentor programs; and
- providing direct employment counseling through several government employment programs.
Miguel has Masters in Social Work from Wilfred Laurier University, a Masters Certificate in Public Management from York University and a Human Resources Management Certificate from Ryerson University.